Tele Vue-60 APO
The Tele Vue 60 is the most portable APO (total color correction) telescope we make. The body (less diagonal and eyepiece) is only 10"-long. It has a unique drawtube focus for a quick change from near to far viewing, plus a fine helical focuser. A sliding dew/glare shield with convenient snap-on lens cover can also accept 77mm filters. Optional carry case available.
TV-60: Recommendations by Al Nagler, telescope designer
- Buy this telescope along with the TVP-6012 birding package to get all the accessories you need to start observing with the Tele Vue-60. This package gives you a 60º mirror diagonal for the brightest, sharpest and the most comfortable viewing experience. Left-right is reversed. The package includes the 25-mm Plössl eyepiece, with 17mm eye-relief, that yields a 177' @ 1000 yards true field of view at 14x in this scope. This birding package also includes the Qwik-Point Basic day/night red-dot finder to help you point the telescope. A custom padded carry bag to hold scope, diagonal, and eyepieces comes with the TVP-6012 package.
- With the Tele Vue-60 you can get a maximum field of 225' @ 1000 yards with the following eyepieces: 32mm Plössl* @ 11x or 24mm Panoptic @ 15x.
- For medium power: 10mm Delos* @ at 36x or 11mm Nagler @ 33x.
- For higher power: 6mm Delos* @ 60x or 7mm Nagler @ 51x.
- For viewing planets: 3.5mm Delos* or 3.5mm Nagler @ 103x.
- Qwik-Point red-dot finder is also sold separately if you don't get the birding package.
TV-60: More Information
TV-60: Published Reviews
Mark Kilner's telekilnesis blog post: Answer: "It's a Tele Vue." on using the TV-60 for nature photography, spotting and astronomy.
This scope is comparable in size, weight, and image quality to the best Swarovski or Kowa spotting scopes and may cost considerably less, ... .