Tele Vue has taken its collaboration with Tactical Night Vision Company one step further! We are happy to announce that we now offer their TNV/PVS-14 L3 Gen3 Un-Filmed White Phosphor night vision monocular plus accessories direct from Tele Vue.
- Widefield visual: Stand-alone monocular will deliver 1x and a 40° true field. Add the TNV-14 Eyepiece Adapter (TNV-1401) plus TNV-14 Filter Holder 48mm (TNV-1448) to the objective lens of the TNV/PVS-14, thread on a 6nm hydrogen-alpha filter and enjoy a hand-held, sweeping views of the night sky. Imagine seeing Barnard’s Loop and surrounding Orion constellation in its entirety! (See our Night Vision in the UK blog post for images.)
- Widefield imaging: To the above, add a TNV-14 FoneMate Adapter (TNV-1402) to the monocular’s eyepiece and attach a FoneMate smart phone mount (SFA-0001). Now use your smartphone to capture images and video of the sky. (See our Night Vision in the UK blog post for images.)
- Telescope use: Ready for a 3-times effective aperture boost of your telescope, elevating your portable scope to light bucket performance? The TNV-14 Eyepiece Adapter (TNV-1401 ) turns select Tele Vue eyepieces into night vision eyepieces! Simply thread the adapter onto the TNV/PVS-14’s objective, attach any compatible Tele Vue eyepiece to the other end of the adapter and now you have afocal night vision from low to high power. Naturally, the larger the exit pupil, the more photons there are for the tube to multiply. So you don’t want to use an eyepiece that produces too small of an exit pupil with your scope. Of course you can also image through the system with the TNV-14 FoneMate Adapter (TNV-1402) / FoneMate Smart Phone to EP Adapter (SFA-0001) combo mentioned above and your phone.
TNV-1449: TNV-14 White Phos Gen 3 Night Vision Monocular with Accessories.
Because of the great flexibility offered by the complete system, you can buy the TNV/PVS-14 with all the accessories mentioned here under this model number.
The Tele Vue / TNVC Partnership
In 2017, Tele Vue Optics Inc., of Chester, NY and Tactical Night Vision Company (TNVC) of Loma Linda, CA, partnered to bring night vision monocular and accessories to the astronomical community. The resulting combination of military-grade TNV/PVS-14 Gen3 night vision monocular and Tele Vue custom eyepiece adapters resulted in positive reviews and a prestigious “Hot Products 2018” award from the editors of Sky & Telescope magazine.
“Tactical Night Vision Company and Tele Vue Optics teamed up to create an unusually versatile night-vision system for astronomy. While the military-grade TNV/PVS-14 Gen3 night-vision monocular can be used as a standalone 1x viewer, a custom adapter allows it to connect to any Tele Vue eyepiece that is Dioptrx compatible, opening up a wide range of telescopic observing possibilities. And there’s also an adapter for the Tele Vue FoneMate.”
Sky & Telescope, (Editors). “Hot Products 2018”. Sky & Telescope (Jan. 2018).
“The versatility of this new light-amplifying observing system just might make it a game-changer in the world of amateur astronomy.”
Dennis di Cicco’s review of the TNVC / Tele Vue Optics night vision system published in Sky & Telescope.
Because export of Night Vision Equipment is strictly regulated by the US Department of State in accordance with the guidelines of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the TNV/PVS-14 night vision monocular is only for sale within the United States and to United States Citizens. Please see our Night Vision website pages for more information on purchasing restrictions.
- Night Vision page on TeleVue.com (mobile site)
- Blog post: Night Vision in the UK: Seize the Night! (with Night Vision still images)
- Blog post: About the NEAF Night Vision Demonstration (with recommended eyepiece table)
- Blog post: 2017 WSP with Prototype Image Intensifier! (with Night Vision video of Orion Nebula)