We’re excited to jump back into the filter game with our new Bandmate Type 2 Filter series! Visitors at the recent Northeast Astronomy Forum (NEAF) got the first peek at our initial three offerings and the opportunity to buy as stock arrived just in time for the show.
Bandmate Type 2 filters are highly scratch and moisture resistant and warranted against manufacturing defects for 10-years. Filter-types come in 2″ and 1¼” sizes to fit your eyepieces. The first three filters available include the following models:
- Nebustar is a narrowband design specifically made for Tele Vue. Unlike typical Ultra-High Contrast (UHC) designs, Nebustar blocks red wavelengths and so eliminates star bloat to produce sharper, more natural looking stars along with enhancing nebulosity. This is a great general-purpose nebula filter for scopes of any size.
- OIII filter passes light from doubly ionized oxygen atoms. As such, they are great for viewing planetary nebulae and supernovae remnants. It is a more typical representative offerings available from Astronomik’s product line but with the tight specification tolerances and additional assurance of Tele Vue’s testing guarantee.
- Hβ filter passes the aqua colored hydrogen-beta emission lines found in the Horsehead, California, and other hydrogen emitting nebulae. It is effective for viewing objects that take up the entire field — even when using our wide-angle eyepieces. Like the OIII, this is a more typical representative offerings available from Astronomik’s product line but with the tight specification tolerances and additional assurance of Tele Vue’s testing guarantee.
- Tele Vue website page on the Bandmate Type-2 filters (mobile site)
- Tele Vue dealers page (mobile site)
Did you observe, sketch, or image with Tele Vue gear? We’ll like your social media post on that if you tag it #televue and the gear used. Example:
#televue #tv85 #ethos #jupiter
Do you want your Tele Vue images re-posted on Tele Vue Optics’ Social Media accounts? Use this hashtag for consideration: